Monday, July 16, 2012

Eat, Sleep, Play Apps

Eat, Sleep, Play: Apps!

If you get a chance to look into my iPhone, you will see that I have a plethora of Apps ranging from the famed Temple Run to the obvious Facebook and the important Banking apps. When I am traveling, my phone is my lifeline. If I am stuck in a place, I go to my gaming folder. If I am lost, I got to my travel folder. If I need some updates, of course I go to my social folder. When I'm on my free time, I have a hiking and music folder.

So, when you come into Malone (or I suppose any place), it makes sense to have some apps to make the most of your travels.. I've gone through and compiled a list of the best apps for Eating, Sleeping, and Playing. Most of these apps I have used, though some of them I researched online because I'm not much of a golfer.

General Travel:
TripIt
Great for: Keeping tabs on your travel plans
Price: Free

Eating:
Zagat
Great for: Finding & reserving at restaurants and general food knowledge.
Price: $0.99

Sleeping:
TripAdvisor
Great for: Finding & showing prices of hotels as well as reviews from other travelers.
Price: Free

Playing-Ski:
RealSki
Great for: See lift and run names, current activities, and track your runs.
Price: Free (with available in-app purchases)

Playing-Golf:

Swing by Swing
Great for: Watching your game with graphs and stats and checking the hole with a GPS range finder.
Price: Free

Just for Fun:

Spotify
Great for: Listening to tons of tunes on your travels.
Price: Free ($9.99 for premium service)
Keep in mind that there are over 500,000 apps for the iPhone. In no way is this a complete travel guide list or even a semi-almost-complete list. This is more of a "create a Malone folder" list. When you are coming into town, just download these babies and you'll have a great time heading back home looking at how well you golfed, the trails you skiied, or reviewing the Holiday Inn Express you stayed at with our delicious cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment